Week Three

Greetings!

As you can see, I am still uploading documents to this site, adding new information and functionality, but here it is: ta-da! Your online hub for our English 102 course in Writing About Literature.

Class will take place as asynchronously as possible. I have stated in the updated syllabus and on the About page that I will be available for text and/or video chats via Google Meet on Fridays from 11:45-1:45pm and on Tuesdays between 11:45-12:45. I will post the Meet address as an update to the current week’s (from Thursday to Thursday) post, i.e. here. Please message me to let me know to expect you.

Friday update: I usually have office time on Fridays 12:45-1:45, but this Friday is a little more hectic than usual. Email me if you need me and anticipate open office hours to resume on Tuesday, March 24, from 11:45-12:45.

18 thoughts on “Week Three

1. Victoria Persaud

Hi Professor,
    I was wondering if you will be doing smaller groups for the video meetings as you did mention in class. If so, will you be posting the groups here or on Blackboard?

1. Anna Alexis Larsson Post author

Hi Victoria,
      Thank you for your question. I am trying to figure out what the best option is for group work. I will assign an activity this Thursday that will feed into a group assignment a week later, and that will establish when the groups meet. The meetings will take place on Blackboard at a designated (different) time for each group, but they won’t take place until the beginning of April. If you would like to meet sooner, I will post a meeting on Blackboard Collaborative Ultra for this Friday and I will be available, then, to check in with students on the web and answer any questions.

2. Yewon (Hannah) Lim

Hi Professor,

I hope you’re doing well! We were supposed to leave an appropriate comment here to verify our engagement with the course site right?

This website is simple and accessible allowing me to have an idea of each week’s course materials 🙂

3. Yewon (Hannah) Lim

I have a question for Journal 2! Do we answer all three questions, or choose one?

1. Katherine

There is a section on Blackborad named Journal on the left . You can type there and upload a word document.

4. Caroline Escalera

Hope you have been well professor.
    I am confused about the way classes are gonna work. Are we still going to do the classes seperated into small groups?